This Web site will provide information, through pictures, specifications and drawings about the wide range of marine equipment and services that are available to our customers
The company is capable of providing equipment for, towing, salvage, barging, dredging, and marine construction, on an operated (fully found basis) or by equipment rental (bare boat basis).
We look forward to your visits to our site and receiving your inquiries. Although our base, and dockyards are concentrated in the Upper Great Lakes area, we do cover the whole of the Great Lakes, the Maritimes, and the Eastern Arctic.
Purvis Marine Limited has been in the marine business since 1967. The company now, after 33 years of aggressive acquisitions, owns and operates one of the larger tug and barge fleets on the Great Lakes with a wide variety of floating plant including:
(1) tugs ranging from 30HP to 5600HP
(2) barges from 50 Tons to 9000 Tons in capacity, and include barges of many types i.e. deck barges with spuds, bow thrusters, cranes, and other ancillary equipment on board. Other barges available are self-loading hopper barge, certified double skin heated, tanker barge, and portable sectional scows.
(3) The company has available a 5000 Ton capacity, self propelled , diesel powered ship ( Yankcanuck) with a home trade ticket. The ship is equipped with a 25 Ton capacity hydraulic crane running on rails the full length of the cargo hold deck.
(4) The Company has a 60' wide by 385' long 2000 ton capacity floating dry dock available at its Sault Ste. Marie Ontario marine facilities.
(5) We have appointed an agent to represent us in Eastern Canada and the Arctic at the following location:
Capt. Lorne Bugden
We invite your inquires on any marine equipment that you have need of in your business.
Jack Purvis President